This is related to new MariaDb upgrade from 10.1.41 to 10.1.42 and also for servers which were updated from 10.2.27 to 10.2.28
Go to solution ( Special Thanks to @Valetia )
You will see errors in following formats/messages:
- No file or input found
- MySQL Server has gone away
- Connection to MySQL Server failed
- sqlstate[hy000]: general error: 2013 lost connection to mysql server during query
- General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
- ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
- ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Log files (/var/lib/mysql/$hostname.err) will have or can have any of these errors:
- assertion fail /home/buildbot/buildbot/padding_for_CPACK_RPM_BUILD_SOURCE_DIRS_PREFIX/mariadb-10.2.28/storage/innobase/dict/dict0dict.cc line 1467
- the resulting row size is greater than maximum allowed size (8126) for a record on index leaf page
- stack_bottom = 0x0 thread_stack 0x49000 mysys/stacktrace.c:268(my_print_stacktrace)[0x5564e62807bb] sql/signal_handler.cc:209(handle_fatal_signal)[0x5564e5d4b4f5]
Starting MySQL/etc/init.d/mysql: line 159: kill: (10704) – No such process
yum downgrade MariaDB-* -y
whmapi1 update_updateconf RPMUP=manual UPDATES=manual
(run as root #)
This will downgrade MariaDb installation to previous version
Line 2 will cancel automatic update on WHM/CPanel installations
If you are not using WHM, use line 1 only OR you can downgrade the repository individually too
yum downgrade MariaDB-server MariaDB-common MariaDB-shared MariaDB-client MariaDB-compat MariaDB-devel
So I was working on an automation project and was testing the api to upload entitites.
I used get parameters to send data and wrote a wrapper on server to process that. I used hashes (part of hashes to be precise) to identify the requester instead of using real names.
some name came up with hash
I was using first 10 characters of this has which happen to be
If you notice, only alphabet is “e” and all others are digits.
But at the same time this is a number in scientific notation
just the way 1e3 is 1000 because of exponentiation involved. My partial hash string was also being converted and was close to infinity.
My api at the backend was checking the given parameter with
is_numeric and in this case, my parameter “
12200e7973” is 100% numeric (EVEN IF I WAS STORING IT AS A STRING).
Hence my script was failing to save correct data and a major column was left empty in the tables.
This was another blunder by me at programming, but you can easily fix it if you use is_int instead of is_numeric because it would fail type checking via is_int.
Of course I had to edit some code with explicit type casting for other types of api calls which were using IDs instead of hashes to identify the users.
Example code: (This is Not the exact code, not recommended for production usage)
// API ENDPOINT
$user=isset($_REQUEST['user']) ?? $_REQUEST['user'] : 1;
// calling the function with string $user
// Normal code:
$userid=(int)$user; //explicit casting
//calling the same function with int val
So GoogleforWork.com is now being redirected to cloud.google.com and the same applies for its subdomain connect.googleforwork.com.
Earlier the campaigns at google work communities are now hosted at www.cloudconnect.goog
It is interesting to note that it uses .goog and not .google TLD, here is some more info about .goog TLD
In the past we have seen .google tld for many purposes like AI to Everyone at ai.google and Google’s design lab and research on design technology
The future will be interesting in terms of TLDs when banks, tech giants and telecom companies are switching their websites to their own custom TLDs and regular people can hardly remember the apparently new gTLDs.