WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL.Features include a plugin architecture and a template system.
Follow these steps to install WordPress:
Download WordPress from this link: https://wordpress.org/download/
Create an empty database for WordPress and specify it’s username and password.
Set up Wizard
- Step 1: Upload the downloaded compressed file on your website root directory and extract it.
- Step 2: Open the url of your website and install WordPress.
- Step 3: Specify the Database Name, Username, Password and Database Host.
- Step 4: A confirmation message will appear after the database settings are validated. Click on ‘Run the Installation’ button.
- Step 5: Provide the administrative information needed for your WordPress website and Install WordPress.
- Step 6: You have successfully installed WordPress and the final step is to log in, for which you will use the username and password entered at step 5.