- ADB and Fastboot
- TWRP Recovery Image
- SuperSU update package
- USB connection with android debugging
- and of course all drivers installed.
Downloads from shared folder contain:
- adb and fastboot drivers as
- twrp recovery image as
- SuperSU update package as
Pre – Root Checks
- USB Debugging is on. If not, go to
developer settingsand then turn “Device’s USB Debugging” On
- Device drivers are configured correctly and your system detects the device. If not, install MI PC SUITE and restart your system.
- ADB recognizes your phone as an active device with some random name. If not, kill adb server and then check again
Procedure to root Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime
- Copy SuperSU update package (.zip) to your device and remember the location.
- Check ADB connection using command –
adb devices. If this command shows an attached device as above, use command
adb reboot bootloaderto restart phone in fastboot mode
- Enter command
fastboot boot twrp.img. twrp.img is the name of your recovery file which is in the same folder as adb.exe and fastboot.exe
- You’ll see the phone booting to recovery mode using TWRP recovery. Select
installoption to flash supersu package
- Choose that zip file to be flashed in the file explorer. Tap on “Select Storage” to browse SD card or Internal Memory
- Swipe the big dot below to install the package
Rebootsystem to finish. No need to wipe cache
- Done! Simply use any root app to check your phone is rooted.
Fully tested root procedure for Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime running MIUI version 6.7.1 (Model HM2LTE-IN)