1. Implemented in the server, rather than in the storage engine.
2. Compressed MyISAM tables are supported only when using the compressed row format. Tables using the compressed row format with MyISAM are read only.
3. Implemented in the server via encryption functions.
4. Implemented in the server via encryption functions; In MySQL 5.7 and later, data-at-rest tablespace encryption is supported.
5. Support for foreign keys is available in MySQL Cluster NDB 7.3 and later.
6. InnoDB support for FULLTEXT indexes is available in MySQL 5.6 and later.
7. InnoDB support for geospatial indexing is available in MySQL 5.7 and later.
8. InnoDB utilizes hash indexes internally for its Adaptive Hash Index feature.
9. See the discussion later in this section.